- Hatha Basics
This class welcomes students of all ages and abilities. Expect an approachable yet invigorating challenge in this class that explores the foundations of yoga. No prior experience is necessary. Learn basic alignments and breathing techniques. More experienced students are also welcome to practice with us. We can provide prenatal and postnatal students with appropriate adaptations.
- Hatha Yoga and Meditation
- Each Hatha class is inspired by a chapter of a book (yogic, Buddhist or otherwise inspiring). Read along and give your practice new depth. Accessible physical challenge for all levels.
- Yoga Studies
Hatha practice enriched by a cosmic perspective, weaving the yoga tradition with findings from cognitive science, evolutionary biology and other scientific gems. Movement ranges from subtle to vigorous. New content each week, new broad themes each quarter; beginners welcome.
Nick writes a newsletter that expands upon topics discussed in class. You can read past issues and sign up to receive them here: https://withinwithout.substack.com
- Noon Yoga
- Take a lunch break that really makes a difference in your day. Appropriate for beginner and intermediate level students. Class focuses on spinal decompression, neck and shoulder opening, and hip and leg mobilizing to counter the effects of sitting. You won't sweat, so don't worry if you have to go back to work!
- Gentle Yoga
- This class focuses on the benefits of slowing down—on your yoga mat and in your life. Each session offers a balance of easeful movement, breath awareness and regulation, and conscious relaxation. Students will experience a variety of yoga stretches designed to release physical tensions, as well as Restorative Yoga poses and guided Yoga Nidra meditation to help create mental clarity and well-being.
- This class is helpful for those working with injuries, chronic pain, stress-related disorders, or simply the desire to slow down. Students are encouraged to move at their own pace. No prior yoga or meditation experience is necessary.
- Qigong & Yoga with Lisa
Qigong and Yoga is a unique class that combines elements of two ancient practices that support and expand upon each other. Hatha yoga strengthens the body and focuses the mind, which prepares us to receive, contain, and project the energies that qigong channels. Together, qigong and yoga cultivate mindfulness and internal vitality through the synchronization body, breath and mind.
Qigong & Yoga is for everyone. No prior experience with qigong or yoga necessary - just the ability to stand, move and breath!
- Steady and Strong
- This yoga class is for the student who wants to feel steady and strong for whatever life hands them. Become a confident mover! Skillful movement elicits tranquility and clarity. Emphasis on balance, safe spinal alignment and happier joints.At Grateful Yoga, we believe in generating heat internally, rather than with a hot room. We keep our studio at a comfortable temperature, usually around 75 degrees. Hatha Continuing classes may be a bit warmer, especially in the winter.
- Yoga Reboot
- Mondays set the tone for the whole week. This class resets your system to grant energy, vitality and clarity. Each week focuses on a new area of the body that could use a refresh, with attention to anatomy, therapeutic insights and core resilience. Some yoga experience suggested.